Thursday 11 August 2011

How to Make.....Bunting

I decided to make some bunting!!! I'm going to use it for a new Spring Window display at Suede Vintage and then it'll be going in one of my daughter's bedrooms. It was really fun to make, and if you're not so keen to make it yourself, but love the look- I'll soon have an Etsy shop set up where you'll be able to buy some of my handmade items! 

I chose a selection of vintage and new fabrics and mixed floral prints, with spots and lace. All in a mix of pastel colours and brights. I also used bias binding to sew it all together...





Gather your fabrics, scissors, bias binding and sewing machine. Then cut out a triangle template measuring approx 22x20x20cm. 



 To make bunting that will measure approx 5 metres(including end lenghths for tying) you'll need to make 14 double sided triangles, therefore you'll need to cut 28 triangles!



 Once you've cut the triangles place your pieces right sides together, ready to sew. Sew each one together leaving the widest side open, ready to turn through. Once you've turned all pieces the right way press flat. Then line up and decide a pleasing arrangement. Be sure to flip over to see you're happy with the opposite side of the bunting also....



 Now you can use your bias binding to sew your bunting together. Leave about 70cm for tying and then sandwich the top of each triangle between the binding leaving about 4cm between each trianle!






Now isn't that pretty!!!


1 comment:

  1. It does look pretty. I love your mix of fabrics.
    I blogged about bunting last week and I hope you dont mind but I mentioned your post on my blog and put a link to it.

    ReplyDelete