Wednesday 9 May 2012

My Sister Lauren writes about her Vintage Chinton SLR 35mm...


Hello Lovelies <3
Im back again and this time with a different hobby, my wondeful boyfirend gave me a Vintage Chinton SLR 35mm camera for christmas, it was a gorgeous surprise! So i've been taking lots of photo's in the hope that they turn out, theres a lot to think about when using an SLR, i've managed to take two rolls of film so far, taking both beautiful photos and interesting ones, i'm still learning!
I like the waiting process with a film camera and the importance lain on each photo before clicking the button, it makes you think about every shot, unlike with a digital where you can 'snap' as many photo's as you like the SLR makes you focus and pay attention!
The things I love most about my Vintage Camera are that it's delightfully old, it's quirky and temperamental, it takes interesting shots including double exposure (which will be awesome when i figure it out properly and have a chance to deliberatly take a double exposure instead of the camera doing it randomly), the results are random and always such a surprise!
My favourite Photo was a shot I took as I was leaving Wollongong Beach, as i ascended the stairs I turned and the colour of the water was most breath taking, a few guides from my man and 'click' I took just one of this scene and the photo captures the image i saw that day perfectly, i was totally surprised it worked out so good <3


If your thinking of getting an SLR I highly reccomend it, film and processing can be pretty resonable, especially if you're like me and only pick the camera up occasionaly, and i think this is the beauty of this tye of camera, you can pick up a working SLR quite cheaply and everyone is different and unpredictable!
Happy Snapping

<3 Lauren










No comments:

Post a Comment